01 Apr IRELAND’ IMMIGRANT INVESTOR SCHEME FOR HIGH NET WORTH INVESTORS
Ireland is the only English-speaking country member of the European Union (EU) after Brexit. Its boasts an open and transparent economy and is politically stable . While it’s on the periphery of Europe, it punches well above its weight in the areas of IT, Pharma, Life Sciences and Financial Services and Aviation .
It has a well educated and multi talented work force and per capita in the EU it has a young population.
Permanent Residency not only opens doors to the EU but the prospect of eventual Irish citizenship is an incredible asset. The Irish passport is the 6th mos desirable passport in he world rankings ahead of the UK and the USA if one look at the Henley and Partners Index most recently published.
What does the programme entail.
Ireland Immigrant Investor Programme
The Immigrant Investor Programme (IIP) is open to non-EEA nationals who commit to an approved investment in Ireland. The Immigrant Investor Programme requires a minimum designated investment of €1,000,000 or approved donation of €400,000, from the applicant’s own resources and not financed through a loan or other such facility. The applicant must have legally acquired net assets of at least €2,000,000.
1. You are only required to stay in Ireland at least one day in each calendar year to retain permanent residence.
2. Relatively fast processing time in 3-4 months
3. Free health services (with conditions) and free children education
4. If you live in Ireland for 5 years and no more than 44 days out of Ireland for the first 4 years, you are eligible to apply for citizenship.
5. No global tax to be paid and relatively low corporate tax among EU countries
6. Irish and UK citizens have the right to live, travel, work and study within the Common Travel Area.
7. Irish citizens have the right to live, travel, work and study within all the European Union member countries under the Freedom of Movement in the EU.
Submission of Applications
The Immigrant Investor Programme will open for applications in 2020 as follows. Applications will be accepted during these periods only.
(a) 17 February 2020 – 21 February 2020
(b) 20 April 2020 – 24 April 2020
(c) 22 June 2020 – 26 June 2020
(d) 31 August 2020 – 4 September 2020
(e) 26 October 2020 – 30 October 2020
The time windows are short.
If you have any queries about the scheme please email Peter Connolly solicitors in strictest confidence.
We also have solid experience in Immigration law and in particular in respect of Judicial Reviews before the Asylum and Immigration list of the High Court of Ireland should the application run into difficulty.
We can introduce you to a range of professional experts and help with your start up.
Our prices are ultra competitive.